Not all licensed real estate agents are the same. Only those who are members of the National Association of Realtors (NAR) are properly referred to as “REALTORS®”. REALTORS® are committed to treat all parties in a transaction honestly. They subscribe to a strict code of ethics and are expected to maintain an expert level of knowledge about buying and selling real estate through advanced professional development courses.
In addition to these benefits of using a REALTOR®, did you know that REALTORS® also have access to the nation’s largest property database?
The REALTORS® Property Resource, known in the industry as (RPR), is exclusively available for REALTORS® only. RPR is a parcel-centric data platform, meaning it has information connected to almost every parcel of real estate in the United States. This information is complete, concise, and even feeds into a mobile app with mapping and reporting tools, helping your REALTOR® provide you with the ultimate in professional service anywhere and anytime.
The powerful RPR platform taps into a variety of resources and can compile a complete report almost instantly. Your REALTOR® has access to a wealth of information to help you with what is typically one of the biggest decisions of your life: buying and selling your home.
Reports include some or all of the following:
* Access to all Multiple Listing Service (MLS) information
* Access to all county property records, tax assessments, deeds, deeds of trust
* Foreclosure and distressed data in the neighborhood
* Estimated value, median prices, average prices
* Market conditions and forecast data
* Data from U.S. Census and U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics
* Demographic and trends data
* Economic data
* School information, data, and reviews
* Flood zones
* Walk Scores
* Traffic counts
Here are a few examples of RPR “wow” moments that this database can deliver for clients and REALTORS®, as examples on the RPR website:
- “It’s standing at the kitchen island during an open house and sending a prospect you just met an RPR Market Activity Report before they get to the second floor of the home.”
- “It’s the look on your clients’ face when in the middle of a buyer tour, a brand new, just-listed property pops up on your RPR Mobile app, and you and your clients are the first ones to see it.”
- “It’s running into a previous client at the grocery store, who mentions that she’s pregnant and is now wondering about the schools in her area, and sending her an RPR Schools report within seconds that gives her school ratings, scores and reviews. Now she’s really glowing!””
- “It’s being asked to join a meeting with local community business leaders on economic redevelopment where you present RPR Local Economic Area Reports, and they realize they spent thousands on an outside consultant for even less information.”
“RPR can be a game-changer when it comes to elevating your knowledge and efficiency as a real estate agent. REALTORS® get more done and they get it to their clients at top speed with RPR at their side.
The data, tools and reports that RPR offers gives REALTORS® access to everything they need to “wow” clients!”
If you are buying or selling a home, be sure to use a REALTOR®. They are the only ones that have access to all this information in one spot to professionally serve your real estate needs.
Also, see my previous article about “Why Use A REALTOR®?” There are many reasons why a REALTOR® offers a high level of professionalism, knowledge, and client service: https://boulderco.com/why-use-a-realtor/
About Duane Duggan:
Duane Duggan has been a REALTOR® at RE/MAX of Boulder in Colorado since 1982 and has facilitated over 2,500 transactions over his career, the vast majority from repeat and referred clients. He has been awarded two of the highest honors bestowed by RE/MAX International: The Lifetime Achievement Award and the Circle of Legends Award. Living the life of a REALTOR® and being immersed in real estate led to the inception of his book, REALTOR® for Life.